Hurricane plans a phased development of the Lancaster field. Lancaster is now in its first phase of development, an Early Production System (EPS) consisting of two wells tied back to the Aoka Mizu floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel. First Oil was achieved in June 2019.
- Provide long-term production data to enhance understanding of reservoir characteristics and associated full field development scenarios
- Commence development of the resources in a phased manner with regard to managing uncertainties over reservoir characteristics and associated development risks
- Deliver an acceptable return on investment
|Ownership||Hurricane Energy: 100%|
|First Oil||4 June 2019|
|Wells||205/21a-6 (1km horizontal) – drilled Q2 2014
205/21a-7Z (1km horizontal) – drilled Q4 2016
|Infrastructure summary||1 FPSO
3x4 leg mooring system with buoy
2 horizontal Xmas trees
- Final investment decision was taken on the Lancaster EPS project in 2017.
- Well completions and the installation of subsea and mooring systems took place during the summer of 2018.
- First Oil was achieved on 4 June 2019.