At Hurricane, protecting the environment and ensuring the safety of personnel during operations are the first priorities in the successful execution of our strategy.
Hurricane recognises its responsibility to the environment and will take positive steps to address the environmental impacts associated with our offshore operations.
We are committed to achieving continual improvement in our environmental performance, and regard compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as a minimum standard.
We will work with our employees, contractors and suppliers to identify and reduce the environmental impacts of our activities.
- All of our offshore operations shall be managed under our ISO 14001:2004 certified Environmental Management System
- We will identify and conform to all legal and other compliance obligations relevant to our operations
- We will involve our employees in maintaining the Environmental Management System, provide a clear feedback structure, establish appropriate operating practices and implement training programmes
- All our employees will be selected, trained and developed to carry out their duties safely, competently and with due care for the environment
- We will implement measures to prevent pollution to the environment, where reasonably practicable
- We will continually review all our business operations, in order to identify and minimise our environmental impacts
- We will consider the sustainability of required resources during the planning and execution of our offshore operations and conduct them in the most sustainable fashion achievable
- We will set appropriate environmental objectives, monitor progress in achieving them and report the results to the Board on a regular basis
- We will take environmental considerations into account in all our operations, ensure that our suppliers and contractors are aware of our policy, and encourage them to commit to good environmental practices
These commitments will be reviewed regularly and specifically prior to major operational activities. As measure of Hurricane's environmental performance, the fulfilment of these commitments will be monitored continually and communicated to both the Board and employees.